I like info-graphs because it helps me keep track of things when there is a lot of information and in Game of Thrones there is a lot to remember. It’s been awhile now since the last season so to prepare lets look at where everyone ended up in Westeros. Next up will be the State of the Crownlands. 👑
In case you aren’t a fan of text on images here are my notes on the State of the North:
Current Ruler – Jon Snow, King in the North and Right Proper Lad
Summary of Events
Season 7 began with Jon and Sansa restoring their place again at Winterfell. Jon is concerned with what lays beyond the Wall to the North while Sansa is worried with the plots coming from Cersei in King’s Landing. By the end of the season, Jon attempts to rally support from the south for the fight brewing north of the wall. Sansa and Arya pass a sentence and swung the sword against Petyr Baelish.
- Jon Snow – Newly crowned King in the North. Currently traveling Westeros to seek support for the looming Great war against the dead.
- Sansa Stark – Lady in the North. She is managing Winterfell while Jon Snow is seeking support. She is working to restore the Starks place at Winterfell and repair the damage the Boltons have caused and prepare for the upcoming winter.
- Bran Stark – Returned to Winterfell and established himself as the Three-Eyed Raven. Through weirwood.net he hold pertinent plot information such as what lays beyond the wall and knowledge of R+L=J.
- Arya Stark – Returned to Winterfell after hearing that Jon Snow is now King in the North. She is now working alongside her sister to prepare for the upcoming winter.
- Petyr Baelish – Followed Sansa North and used the Vale military over her in an attempt to manipulate her actions at Winterfell. Now that she is back home in her seat of power he failed and has been executed.
- Brienne of Tarth – Brienne had been sent to King’s Landing as Sansa’s representative during the parley between the Lannisters and Daenerys Targaryen.
- Tormund Giantsbane – Tormund was last seen giving the order to evacuate Eastwatch as the undead army appeared.
- Davos Seaworth – Ser Davos is accompanying Jon as he travels to Dragonstone to seek support from Daenerys Targaryen.
Jon Snow and the Starks are restored at Winterfell. The children of the Karstarks and Umber’s have been forgiven. Jon Snow has also secured the alliance of the Daenerys Targaryen in the upcoming Great War.
- Bolton occupation of Winterfell
- For The Watch (The Wall)
- Great War against the Dead
- Cersei’s Machinations
Economic status 💰
In turmoil – the castle had been completely destroyed due to multiple sieges and the Bolton occupation. Sansa Stark’s current priority is preparing the upcoming winter so that the North will have a place of refuge.