Thank you for being so patient for the next post. It turns out taking care of a newborn is in fact quite time consuming. (But more about that for another time.) This week we are looking at the State of the Crownlands post season 7 on Game of Thrones.
And just like before here is the text copied below:
Current Ruler – Queen Cersei Lannister, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms and out for Vengeance
Summary of Events
Season 7 began with Cersei settling into the Iron Throne and searching for allies. She meets with Euron Greyjoy who wants to go after his niece and nephew. Cersei also gets her revenge against Ellaria and Olenna. She faces trouble with the Iron Bank and plots to use the Highgarden wealth to pay them off. Cersei attempts to baby trap her brother Jaime to stay by her side and is convinced to parlay with the Dragon Queen.
- Cersei Lannister – Cersei feels she has entered into the Game of Thrones in her rightful place – as Queen. She strives to be seen just as cunning as her father and play the field to her advantage. We last saw her telling Jaime her plan to betray Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.
- Jaime Lannister – Jaime attempts to guide Cersei as she takes her place on the Iron Throne. He advises her to look for allies and also carries out her plan to take the gold from High Garden and kill Olenna. Jaime also meets with Tyrion and between them they plan out the meeting of Queens for the parlay. At the end of the season Jaime leaves Cersei to head north.
- Bronn – Bronn for the most part continues to keep Jaime alive by saving him more times than we can count. He’s a bit upset about the fact that he hasn’t received the proper compensation yet for doing so.
- Euron Greyjoy – Euron wants to capture Yara and Theon Greyjoy. After hearing of their alliance with Dany he allies himself with Cersei Lannister for promise of marriage.
- Randyll Tarly – Randyll Tarly was one of the first to swear allegiance to Cersei however he and his son Dickon were BBQ’ed after they wouldn’t kneel before the Dany.
- The Mountain – For most of the season The Mountain hovered in the background just to let us know of his presence. However at the end of this season he was reminded that the hour of Cleganebowl draws nigh.
- Euron Greyjoy & Golden company – Euron has allied himself with Cersei for the chance to marry the Queen. He is currently gathering the Golden Company.
- End of Parlay – On the surface everyone agreed that the true fight is what lays beyond the wall and current political disputes should be set aside to take care of that threat. However Cersei has other plans.
- Starks – Sansa harbors a healthy distrust of Cersei and her political machinations and implores Jon not to trust her.
- Jon Snow & Daenerys Targaryen – Cersei agreed to “loan” her military to them to fight the army of undead but plans on not delivering and picking off the remains once that battle is fought so she can remain on the Iron Throne.
Economic Status 💰
- In debt to the Iron Bank. Cersei was planning on using the Tyrell gold to pay off the debt and their grains to feed King’s Landing for the winter but the latter has been destroyed by Daenerys Targaryen.
In case you missed last week’s post here was the State of the North!