Here is the third part in the series. It turns out the holidays were quite busy for us but we got there in the end. My goal is to do 2 more posts for wrapping up the where we left off after season 7. I want to look at Oldtown next and after that what is happening Beyond the Wall.
Current Ruler – Daenerys Targaryen, Squatter of Dragonstone, the unburnt Queen of seemingly everyone, Mother of Dragons better known as Khaleesi
Summary of Events
The beginning of the season showed us Dany pulling up to Dragonstone and following in her ancestor Aegon’s footsteps. She started with plotting how to take the Iron Throne again until Jon Snow showed up and told her about the army of dead rising in the North. While she worked first to weaken the Lannister control she eventually saw what was coming for them from beyond the Wall. She’s agreed to support Jon Snow and the Starks in their fight as long as Snow will bend the knee to her in support.
- Daenerys Targaryen – Dany came to Westeros to reclaim the Iron Throne. She’s now backtracked on her plan to conquer Westeros in order to save it from what is coming from beyond the Wall. She hasn’t come out unscarred though because she lost one of her dragons to the White Walker army.
- Tyrion Lannister – Tyrion is continuing to serve Dany as an advisor and used his position to set up the parlay between Cersei and Dany at the end of the season. He is under the impression that Cersei has agreed to help out in the fight against the White Walkers.
- Yara & Theon Greyjoy – They were sent with Ellaria to Dorne to gather the dornishmen to support Dany. They were attacked by Euron on the narrow sea and Yara was captured after Theon panicked. After he regained the Ironborn respect, Theon is on a mission to rescue his sister.
- Missandei & Grey Worm – Finally talked about their feelings and got together.
- Dany’s Fanclub – Consists of Varys, Olenna, Melisandre and probably some others that were thrown in because they have nowhere else to go.
- House Greyjoy – Yara & Theon lent the Greyjoy fleet to Daenerys so that she can reach Westeros but are currently either captured or on the run from Euron Greyjoy.
- Stark/Snow – Sansa and Jon both have a motive to befriend the Dragon Queen. Sansa because she could be an ally against Cersei and Jon for gathering support to fight the war against the undead.
- Unsullied – The Unsullied continue to support Daenerys after she broke their chains.
- Dothraki Horde – The Dothraki Horde has been brought to Westeros to support Daenerys and her conquest.
- War against the Dead/White Walkers – Before conquering Westeros she will have to save it from the army growing beyond the Wall.
- King’s Landing – This is Dany’s real goal. She will fight to sit on the Iron Throne again if she survives the fight against the White Walkers.